I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt so you would no longer be their slaves. I broke the yoke of slavery from your neck so you can walk with your heads held high. (Leviticus 26:13 NLT)
Mordecai in the Book of Esther lived with his head held high and would not bow down to evil and to the spirit of slavery, fear and constant threat.
There is a beautiful underlying message our Lord always wants to convey to us, which is – He is our King and we are His people!
If we are dependent on the world’s idol systems, then we will be slaves to it walking with a heavy yoke tied around our neck, and constantly feel defeated and cheated.
Our Lord God is always zealous for His people and He wants to personally provide, protect, heal, comfort and rule if we allow and trust Him.
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego replied, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty. But even if he doesn’t, we want to make it clear to you, Your Majesty, that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up.” Daniel 3:16-18
Esther said, “If it please the king, and if I have found favor with him, and if he thinks it is right, and if I am pleasing to him…” Esther 8:5
Queen Esther is a type for an intercessor, and her life describes what it takes to stand in the gap for multitudes destined to be destroyed.
- Esther lost both of her parents in her childhood – resulting in brokenness and attachment to God, and to her only cousin Mordecai.
- Esther never fought her circumstances – her life was a complete surrendered and sacrificed to God to be used in whatever capacity.
- Esther never used her beauty to seduce but to win respect, dignity, favor and approval from everyone.
- Esther was faithful to God and His people, risked her life for God’s people.
- Esther had patience and dealt wisely to uproot the root of the evil (Haman) and didn’t fought with mere fruits.
Intercession is a calling. It’s not a desire or a mere burden.
Intercession produces all the fruits of the Holy Spirit – love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, patience & self-control.
Intercessor always pleases the Lord. They always will have favor with God, His people and everyone to whom God takes them!
Daniel’s prayers were always answered by God even before Daniel opened his mouth to pray! An angel confessed that Daniel was treasured by God!
At the beginning of your petitions an answer went out, and I have come to give it, for you are treasured by God. Daniel 9:23
Intercede, be favored, cherished and treasured by the Almighty God!